Greetings from a wintery Cape Cod. As you know I make a huge resolution list, and in 2013 it was no exception. HERE‘s my initial 2013 list. HERE is when I checked-in and took stock of my progress in July. And now here we are, on the last day of 2013 and it’s time I see how successful I was.
Resolutions for 2013:
- “SAVE SAVE SAVE!” - Check! In 2013 I knocked off 1 of 2 student loans and got rid of all my high interest loans. I’m hugely proud of myself for this because otherwise I’d still be paying off these loans at 50 years old. Just a little more to go.
- Go Cross Country skiing for the first time! – it didn’t happen in 2013.. maybe 2014?
- White water rafting. - I didn’t get to go in 2013, but hopefully next summer.
- Go kayaking - Check! I went in Cape Cod in the fall.
- Walk 5 times a week at least (mornings + nights!) - Check! I was pretty good about walking and added the Silver Lake Reservoir to my regular walks.
- Do a Monster Walk! - Nope, but I still did plenty of walking in 2013.
- Do more hikes from my hike book – Nope, in 2014 I need to hike more.
- More camping! - I hope to do a lot more in 2014 and I’m aching for it!
- Run a race! 5k and work up to 10k? - It’s about time I trained again.
- Whiten Teeth - Check!
- Do a secret stair walk with the facebook group and meet other stair walkers. – I still need to do this. It will happen in 2014.
-Do taxes in January (to get money back sooner!) -Check!
- Take an art class - Check!
- Do more artwork. I have the supplies, so no excuses! - Double Check!!
- Learn French I- Rosetta Stone - Check!
- Learn how to sew - Check!
- Learn how to knit - I still need to do this.
- Take vitamin b – I’m bad about doing this every day, but I’ll work on it in 2014.
- Keep up water intake! - Check!
- Clean bathroom drawer + cabinet - Check!
- Do projects from the Young, House Love book - Check!
- See a dermatologist - I’ve put this off for years now. It’s time.
- Read typography book I got for Christmas - Check! I’ve also read a handful of books in 2013, which is the thing I have the most trouble making time for.
- Clean out closet again this year- Check!
- Clean garage and organize with plastic bins - Done, but I wonder if I should do this again.
- Clean out wallet - Check!
- Clean out all emails - Check! But this is a life project and will have to happen again.
- Clean out computer and back up files - Check! But this is another thing that is a constant issue.
- Get a new cell phone – Check!
- Keep going out during the week -I’m always up for week night fun, I’ll sleep when Im dead – Check!
- Do more running outside – Check! But I still hope to do this more.
- Living on my own?? – Not this year, but it’s another year of saving for something better in 2014.
Improve my blog! Change is a good thing! - Check! I redid the header and I’ve been working away on my shop site.
Keep saying yes.. to everything! Yes to life! YES!
GROW A PAIR!
O Visit 2 presidential libraries – Went to the Nixon Library, still need to see the Reagan Library.
O Take the train somewhere for a day trip outside LA -I haven’t taken the train, but I’ve been north and south for day trips outside of LA in 2013.
O Chicago again? -We shall see
O Beach camping up the coast?
O San Fran? more north? Portland? -I decided to skip this and some of the expensive travel items because I went to Israel and Istanbul with my sister and uncle in November. When I made this list last year I had no clue this was doable, and we made it real!
Well everyone, thanks for reading in 2013! Tomorrow I’ll be posting my 2014 New Years resolutions and in January my Israel + Istanbul travel posts will begin. I can’t wait to share all of this with you, as well as all the excitement that 2014 is going to bring. My horoscope has been saying for years that 2014 is going to be a big year of change for me, and I’m really looking forward to the needed change!