Alas, my two weeks was up and like all vacations, it had to end. It was so great seeing friends, family, museums, art galleries, hikes, shops, on and on. It was definitely a full two weeks and yet I still have a long list of places I need to see when Im back, but I’m getting ahead of myself.
Around 3:30p last night, my parents took me up to Bradley International Airport in Hartford. It was as the sun was setting so it made for a beautiful drive.
Once my dad parked the car, he joined me and my mom and we walked over to the Sheraton Hotel that is connected to the airport. They have a great little bar/cafe space called Cloud Nine Bar, and we love to stop in and chat and eat before having to say goodbye to guests (me in this case).
Since the bar started carrying craft beers, I had to indulge. I ordered the Smuttynose Robust Porter which was super smooth and delicious.
I had to share the above picture with you. After finishing our food we walked over to security where we bumped into this bad boy. It’s a lego replica of the Mark Twain House, which seems fitting given my recent visit there (see that post HERE).
So what’s left for my next trip to CT? What didn’t I accomplish? Why, I’m glad you asked!
– The Harriet Beecher Stowe Center (in Hartford)
– East Rock (in New Haven)
– Sally’s Apizza (in New Haven)
– The Connecticut Science Center (in HArtford)
– Drive along the coast and visit the cute “downtowns” of all the small coastal towns.
– Walk around Yale more! See the Yale Art Gallery.
– The Wadsworth Atheneum (in Hartford)
– Catch a show at the Yale Repertory Theatre, or the Goodspeed Opera House, or the Long Wharf Theater.
– Visit Mohegan’s Museum (my parents spoke so highly of it)